[webkit-dev] How to change an .exp file?

Xianzhu Wang (王显著) wangxianzhu at chromium.org
Sat Sep 10 01:44:33 PDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Scott Graham wrote:
>
> > Maybe there's a better way someone can point out though.
>
> I believe that using the Windows EWS server you can get error messages that
> tell you the symbols that need to be in the def files.

No. It only tells you that the original symbol in the current def file is
missing in the binary, not the new symbol need to be in the def file.

Just used the following method on Linux:

1. build and install libmangle (
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/browser/trunk/mingw-w64-libraries/libmangle
)

2. compile and run the following program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <libmangle.h>

<decode_mangle function copied from
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/browser/trunk/mingw-w64-tools/gendef/src/gendef.c

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
  for (int i = 1; i < argc; ++i)
    decode_mangle(stdout, argv[i]);
  return 0;
}

Though the program can only decode a mangled symbol, we can use it to check
if a manually mangled name is as expected.