[webkit-dev] run-bindings-tests

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Fri Sep 9 07:59:04 PDT 2011

On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 8, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
>>
>>> I'm happy to write a run-all-tests script which runs all known tests that platform can handle. :)
>>
>> I think run-webkit-tests should be this. We can come up with a new name for the “just run the tests in the LayoutTests directory” tool.
>
> I would like that too.  But there are going to be stages to get here.
> If we did this today, bots would break if nothing else.
>
> I'll see about adding a run-all-tests script soon and we can work to
> have it replace run-webkit-tests.  (new-new-run-webkit-tests anyone?)

An alternate path to success would be:

1) Decide what to call the script that just runs tests from LayoutTests
2) Rename run-webkit-tests to that new name and add a new script called run-webkit-tests that just calls the renamed script
3) Slowly make run-webkit-tests call out to other test-running scripts

-Adam