[webkit-dev] run-bindings-tests

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Sep 8 12:25:20 PDT 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

> As discussed on IRC, I do not think that bots should run this test at all. It has a non-trivial maintenance cost, but provides very little benefit. Even the time spent by multiple engineers on IRC today discussing bot complaints is likely more than the test could save in the lifetime of the project, at my guesstimate.

I find the bindings tests quite helpful. Because the perl script is so hard to read, it’s the changes in bindings script test results that I look at when reviewing changes to the bindings scripts. The fact that the results are checked in helps me review patches.

It would be better to plug them in to the testing machinery in a better way. I don’t think contributors should have to learn how to run different types of commands.

    -- Darin