[webkit-dev] Removing ENABLE_SINGLE_THREADED and ENABLE_JSC_MULTIPLE_THREADS

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Thu Sep 8 09:24:58 PDT 2011

Hi folks.

To help move WebKit and JavaScriptCore forward, I'd like to remove old platform cruft that creates particular pain points for development.

To that end, I'd like to remove ENABLE_SINGLE_THREADED and !ENABLE_JSC_MULTIPLE_THREADS. I believe these code paths are untested by core WebKit developers. Also, in the modern world of multicore CPUs, it seems prudent to allow programmers to assume that all OS's running WebKit at least know what a thread is how to create one.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Geoff