[webkit-dev] How does a *Prefix.h work on other platforms?

Xianzhu Wang (王显著) wangxianzhu at chromium.org
Wed Sep 7 21:22:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

There are some *Prefix.h files that I guess are injected as header files
into *.cpp files when compiling with xcode. I guess on other platforms they
are just no use and the source files should include all necessary header
files, right?

However, a file in question is Tools/TestWebKitAPI/TestWebKitAPIPrefix.h
which injects '#include <gtest/gtest.h>' the unit test source files which
don't have the includes. AFAIK TestWebKitAPI works on Mac and Windows, but I
haven't found anything in TestWebKitAPI.vcproj for injecting
TestWebKitAPIPrefix.h into the source files. How does this work on Windows?

Thanks,
Xianzhu