[webkit-dev] CSS Aspect Ratio Parsing Stage Up For Review

Edward O'Connor eoconnor at apple.com
Tue Oct 25 11:23:37 PDT 2011

Hi Fady,

You wrote:
> I've uploaded the parsing stage for the -webkit-aspect-ratio property
> that was proposed here:
>
> http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b4810
[…]
> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reviewing this and
> getting this incorporated into WebKit?

I think we should wait until the aspect-ratio property is incorporated
into an Editor's Draft in the CSS WG before exposing an implementation
of it to Web content. Also, the CSS Image Values and Replaced Content
module already has an object-fit property[1] which WebKit doesn't yet
implement. We should probably make a pass at that before having a go at
something similar that's not even in an ED.

Ted

1. http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#object-fit