[webkit-dev] run-webkit-tests on Webkit Windows

Yuan-Yi Chang changyy.csie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:25:33 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I built the Webkit Windows successful on Windows XP 32-Bit and Windows 7
64Bit, and tried to extract the fonts from Mac OS X 10.6.2. But I still got
lots of failed result by run-webkit-tests.

Problems:

   1. What is best development platform for Webkit Windows?
   2. Some actual pixel results and expected results are different (<0.5%)
   by using the default source code. Is this the font problem? What should I do
   to solve this problem?
   3. Could I upload a patch without passing all tests?

==== On Windows XP English 32-Bit and Webkit r98306====
$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/update-webkit
&& ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit

$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests  -v -p fast/writing-mode/
18 test cases (32%) succeeded
37 test cases (67%) had incorrect layout

$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests  -v fast/writing-mode/
 42 test cases (76%) succeeded
13 test cases (23%) had incorrect layout

==== On Windows 7 English 64-bit and Webkit r98310 ====
$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/update-webkit
&& ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit

$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests  -v -p fast/writing-mode/
27 test cases (49%) succeeded
28 test cases (50%) had incorrect layout

$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests  -v fast/writing-mode/
54 test cases (98%) succeeded
1 test case (1%) had incorrect layout