[webkit-dev] Windows Release (Build) failed compile-webkit

Yuan-Yi Chang changyy.csie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 22:36:05 PDT 2011

Hi,

I checkout the webkit code, but I cannot build it with some errors.

And BuildBot information (http://build.webkit.org/waterfall?category=core):

Windows Release (Build)
failed compile-webkit

I built it successful on 2011-10-06 (r96789) but failed now (r98215).

Error message:

buildfailed = XXWebKitLibXX

WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release\obj\WebKitLib\BuildLog.htm

set WEBKITCONFIGSUFFIX=

set WEBKITDLLCONFIGSUFFIX=

REM If any of the above variables didn't exist previously and

REM were set to an empty string, set will set the errorlevel to 1,

REM which will cause the project-specific script to think the build

REM has failed. This cmd /c call will clear the errorlevel.

cmd /c

"c:\cygwin\home\user\WebKit\Source\WebKit\win\WebKit.vcproj\WebKitLibPreBuild.cmd"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
Pre-Build Event..."

exit 1

My environments (got the same error message):

   1. Win 7 English 64Bit / VC++ 2005 Express / CYGWIN
   2. Win XP English / VC++ 2005 Express / CYGWIN

My commands:

$ ./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/update-webkit &&
./WebKit/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit

Please give me some tips, thanks

Best Regards,
Yuan-Yi Chang