[webkit-dev] use binary webkit

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Sun Oct 23 08:58:42 PDT 2011

This is the wrong list for this question.  webkit-help is a better
choice for these topics.

There is no free-to-distribute version of WebKit for windows to my
knowledge.  Apple's windows version (the DLLs from the nightly)
requires non-redistributable libraries from Apple.  Making it
il-suited for use with 3rd-party applications.

I'm told there is a Win-Cairo port of WebKit:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingCairoOnWindows
but I don't know how well it works.

There is also a Chromium port of WebKit which works on Windows
(chromium.org) which to the best of my knowledge is redistributable.
So that may be an option for you.

-eric