[webkit-dev] NRWT Migration Update

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Fri Oct 21 14:03:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> I would recommend all ports who haven't switched to ORWT do so.

You presumably mean that you recommend all ports who haven't switched
to *NRWT* do so :)

Also, I would like to see us start working on turning on parallel
tests on the bots once everyone is cut over. It is a big speed
improvement (and we do run them in parallel on the Chromium bots).
Recently I was doing some testing on a 48-core linux box, and we got a
near-linear speed up over the 4-core box we had to compare it to
(which itself is a near-linear speed up over running in a single
thread) ... it really does work.

And it is definitely true that the tests are flakier when run in
parallel, but perhaps this'll give us the impetus to fix them :).

I am also more than happy to field any questions about moving to NRWT
or hacking on it to add features.

-- Dirk