[webkit-dev] Style guide should mention that we don't use anonymous namespace

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Oct 19 18:24:40 PDT 2011

Also... VC++'s debugger happens to have some issues around unnamed
namespaces:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0888kc6a%28VS.80%29.aspx

Don't recall if this affected classes inside unnamed namespace though.

I think VC++ 2005's support for unnamed namespace is better than nested
classes (cl.exe has some serious bugs in resolving nested class names) so if
our only alternative to unnamed namespace is nested classes, then I'd much
prefer unnamed namespace.

Adam, do you recall any compiler/debugger issues with classes inside unnamed
namespace on VC++ 2005?

- Ryosuke