[webkit-dev] NeedHelp_In_SpatialNavigation

Antonio Gomes tonikitoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:19:27 PDT 2011

Hi

1) When we use spatial navigation, to find the nearest node it traverse DOM
> tree, is that node information can not be retrieved from render tree?

As per my understanding render tree (after layout) will have the position
> information for each node.

Code tranverses the DOM, yes, but it gets the position information from the
associated node renderer. So it gets it from the RenderTree.

So is there any way we can get the nodes information of any particular area.

Not sure if I understood you here. Could you  elaborate?

2) If from render tree we can get the nodes according to position then we
> can skip the traversing of whole DOM tree.

If the RenderTree can tell us what elements in the DOM tree are 'focusable'
(which I do not think it can), yes.

> 3) Is Spatial navigation is related to Hit testing?

Not at the moment.

--
--Antonio Gomes