[webkit-dev] NeedHelp_In_SpatialNavigation

Antonio Gomes tonikitoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:03:59 PDT 2011

Hi.

As far as I can tell, the whole DOM is traversed every time a movement is
going to happen. I've discussed with Yael briefly on the WebKit summit about
some cache mechanisms, but we could not get a nice heuristic to invalidate
the cache.

Have you profiled it?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Sanjeet Pratap Singh <
sanjeetpratapsingh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am a beginner to WebKit, looking into "*Spatial-Navigation*" feature of
> WebKit.
> I am looking further for some optimisations in the same.
>
> I find there "*findFocusCandidateInContainer() "* in which we start
> from first child of "container" and iterate until the we get the focus
> candidate.
>
> My question is,"Are we checking the whole DOM tree to find the closest node
> or we have a small area(container) accordingly?"
>
> What does the function*
> "container=scrollableEnclosingBoxOrParentFrameForNodeInDirection()"* do?
>

> Waiting for the reply.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sanjeet

--Antonio Gomes