[webkit-dev] The Question of Meta-tag

徐拓 jyotaku at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 21:27:14 PDT 2011

Hi everybody

I'm working on a SmartPhone Website System,
and having a problem with inserting a meta-tag into the HEAD section of
html source.

The problem is that I'm using a CMS and I can only insert the tag

outside of the head section.

What I've found is, however, the meta tag does work with Safari
even though it is inserted at the first line of the HTML (i.e. outside
of HEAD section) like this:

  .

  .

  .

So my questions are:

・why does it work with Safari?
・is it because the meta-tag was sorted out before rending?
・or it doesn't matter as the tag could be read wherever located?
・does anyone know which source file I could find the proof of why it

  works in order to persuade my Boss?

Thanks for any help.
jyotaku.