[webkit-dev] What is the reason for changing JavaScript parser from bison parser(LR) to Top-To-Down Recursion parser?

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Nov 30 00:37:37 PST 2011

I'm sorry, but this thread is somewhat off-topic for this mailing
list.  If you have a patch that implements an LR parser that is faster
than our current parser, please feel encouraged to upload it to
bugs.webkit.org together with benchmark scores.  Discussion of the
theoretical advantages or disadvantages of various parsing algorithms
is off-topic for this list.

Adam