[webkit-dev] WebKit QNX Port

Pierre-Antoine LaFayette pierre.lafayette at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:09:44 PST 2011

Hi George and Jakob,

What is the plan for the OpenVG port? It seems like it hasn't been updated
by any RIM people in a while (Looks like
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/59673 was the last one). It is also still
an incomplete port. If RIM is now focused on QNX and not maintaining
OpenVG, perhaps it should be removed from the tree. The last we heard from
Jakob was:
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2011-July/017629.html.

Thanks.

On 15 October 2011 19:47, George Staikos <staikos at webkit.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing to inform you that we are preparing to land the QNX WebKit
> port.  Since 2009, RIM (BlackBerry) has been integrating WebKit into
> its products and contributing to the WebKit open source project.  Our
> dedication to WebKit includes shipping it on all current products,
> contributing software to the project, as well as supporting some key
> people who are employed to work part-time or full-time on the
> webkit.org tree.  To date, our ports have not been integrated into the
> webkit.org repository.  However, this is in the process of changing as
> we are now integrating our QNX port into Subversion.  We are in the
> final stages of preparing a public build bot, rebaselining test
> results, and rebasing our port to the tip of tree.  Many of our QNX
> related changes are already integrated and we plan to begin submitting
> the rest shortly in coordination with additional upcoming open source
> initiatives.  It is our intention to do more development on our QNX
> port at webkit.org, and we look forward to any comments or suggestions
> on our approach.  We're excited to be working openly together with the
> community!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> The WebKit development team from RIM, QNX, and Torch Mobile (Beijing) Co.
> Ltd.

Pierre.