[webkit-dev] "Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch rebaseline-expectations" does not launch html comparison page?

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Nov 8 12:24:02 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Tony Chang <tony at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Elliot Poger <epoger at chromium.org> wrote:
>> Perhaps I should approach this from a different angle:
>> What is the recommended procedure for:
>> - generating new baseline images for a few dozen failing tests, on various
>> platforms
>
> webkit-patch rebaseline-expectations
>
>> - visually inspecting them to make sure they're not bogus
>
> Would 'webkit-patch pretty-diff' work for you?  It should show the files
> being added/deleted, but it won't generate a pixel diff.

The tricky part is that this view requires you to understand all the
fallback behavior among different ports.  My sense is that this would
be easier if we had a smarter view that understood that and presented
it to the user in an understandable way.  Unfortunately, no one has
built that view yet.

Adam