[webkit-dev] Starting implementation on W3C Filter Effects

Charles Pritchard chuck at jumis.com
Thu Nov 3 19:00:40 PDT 2011

In my experience, implementing filters leads to writing them multiple times for various targets.

I suggest starting with the lowest common denominator before targeting platforms like webgl. I understand that Google is working on an in-software webgl implementation (angle is just a conversion lib); at some point LLVM may have sufficient semantics-- it's certainly been attempted (there's a polyhedron article somewhere on the site).

Anyway, my two cents. Best of luck!

-Charles