[webkit-dev] handleKeyboardEvent() not called for keyupEvent

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Nov 3 10:39:13 PDT 2011

On Nov 3, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Marshall Greenblatt wrote:

> It appears that EditorClient::handleKeyboardEvent() is only called for keydown and keypress events (the exclusion starts in HTMLInputElement::defaultEventHandler). Is there a specific reason why we don't want to call handleKeyboardEvent() for keyup events? Is there some other way to get keyup notification in EditorClient?

Because key up events have no effect in editing on any platforms that we’re aware of. It sounds like maybe you are doing something other than editing and just using EditorClient because it’s handy, perhaps?

Please also note that interfaces like EditorClient are internal to WebKit and just used to communicate between subcomponents of WebKit.

-- Darin