[webkit-dev] Spellcheck API for WebKit

Hironori Bono (坊野 博典) hbono at chromium.org
Tue May 31 03:38:32 PDT 2011

Greetings WebKit developers,

These days, we have talked about adding Spellcheck API in the
public-webapps ML:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011AprJun/0516>.
This API currently consists of two functions (addSpellcheckRange and
removeSpellcheckRange) and an attribute (spellcheckRanges) to editable
elements of HTML so web-application developers (and extension
developers) can implement custom spellcheckers. Also, I have uploaded
a reference implementation of this API to <http://webkit.org/b/59693>.
Even though this change enables this SpellcheckAPI only on Chromium,
it would be definitely helpful to give me your feedback not only for
this Spellcheck API and also for my WebKit change.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hbono at chromium.org