[webkit-dev] Cherry-Pick Bug Comments

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon May 30 06:10:46 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM, James Robinson <jamesr at google.com> wrote:
> I find these cherry-pick bug comments annoying and hope that you will stop
> generating them.  There are many ports that make releases based off of
> WebKit trunk, and all of them have some notion of release branches that
> contain cherry-picked revisions, reverts, etc.  As a developer it's nearly
> always irrelevant to me whether a given patch is cherry-picked into a given
> Qt release or not, just as it would be to know if that revision was
> cherry-picked into a given Gtk, EFL, Safari, or Chromium release branch.
>  When I do need to know the status of a specific branch, I look in the
> port-specific location of the branch to see what happened.  For example, to
> see what's in a given chromium release I look in the appropriate
> subdirectory of http://trac.webkit.org/browser/branches/chromium.  For the
> Safari 534
> branch, http://trac.webkit.org/browser/branches/safari-534-branch etc.
> I would recommend that the people who work on QtWebKit figure out a way to
> track revisions in their release branches in a way that does not involve
> spamming non-Qt bugs on bugs.webkit.org or developers who aren't working
> directly on Qt.

Hi James.

Does the fact that the comment appears in the bug annoys you, or the
fact that you receive an e-mail notification?
(because one of the potential solutions is to add the comment without
triggering an e-mail)

Thanks,
  - Ademar

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Antonio Gomes <tonikitoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> An important question: besides the notification e-mails, does the rest of
>>> our release process bothers someone?
>>>
>> Not me. It works fine and is very transparent.
>>

>> --
>> --Antonio Gomes

Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
Nokia Institute of Technology