[webkit-dev] Odd behavior with instrumentation of WebKit

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue May 17 11:06:47 PDT 2011

On May 17, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Gregor Richards wrote:

> In the uninstrumented branch (both JIT and interpreter), the lastIndexOf property of Array.prototype (which we set) is marked as enumerable, so a for...in loop outputs it.

That sounds like a bug. You should file a bug report with the test case that demonstrates the bug. You should also test in other JavaScript engines to make sure this is actually a bug.

Despite how strongly you are interested in the problem that directly affects your project, you have to recognize that questions about the behavior of your modified copy of JavaScriptCore aren’t going to be as interesting to the folks working on JavaScriptCore as the bug you found. Getting that bug fixed could lead to the solution to your problem.

    -- Darin