[webkit-dev] Progressing on the Android port

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi
Fri May 13 13:48:12 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org> wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 05:16 PM, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
>> Hi Holger Freyther,
>>

>> I'm glad to hear you will use CMake as the build system. Take a look
>> on the email I sent yesterday porting GTK to CMake, maybe it will help
>> you.  Since Android and Chromium/Linux have overlaps, do you think
>> it'd be easy to build the Chromium port as well?
>
> I am not sure about Chromium. When one tries to build Chromium a lot of
> external code will be downloaded, I don't have the things in my tree right now
> but IIRC these external modules are all having Gyp files so one would need to
> convert these dependencies and it will be quite some work.

Hummn... too bad. Looking at the gyp files, it doesn't seem difficult
to convert them. But indeed it's quite some work.

> I am having one specific issue with CMake right now, do you think it would be
> possible to have defaults for WEBKIT_FEATURE(ENABLE_AS_IMAGE "Enable SVG as
> image" DEFAULT ON SVG)? E.g. I need to define ENABLE_GLIB as otherwise I end
> up having a '#define ENABLE_GLIB' in the cmakeconfig.h breaking the build.

This is exactly the reason why I committed r86370 when doing the GTK
port. Now you can do as I did for GTK:

WEBKIT_FEATURE(ENABLE_GLIB_SUPPORT "Enable Glib support" ALWAYS ON)

or ALWAYS OFF if you meant to unconditionally disable it.

regards,
Lucas De Marchi