[webkit-dev] Plugin layout tests in WebKit2-Gtk port

naren.mehra at gmail.com naren.mehra at gmail.com
Thu May 5 23:04:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM,  <naren.mehra at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, I am facing a roadblock now.
>> Is there any other way to run those layout tests on wekbkit2-gtk ??
>> Can I use the available patch in the above listed bug report ??
>
> While waiting for my patch to finish the review process, feel free to
> apply it and try the GTK+ version of WebKitTestRunner for yourself.

 Thanks Martin,
 I tried your patch but it just got stuck when I tried to run the
WebKitTestRunner
 I tried the following command on 29th april build.
 linux:> ./Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests --gtk -2
 Running build-dumprendertree
 Running build-webkittestrunner
 Running tests from /home/nsmehra/WebKit_plugin_tests_workdir/LayoutTests
 Testing 22176 test cases
 accessibility

 At this point it opens a browser window and hangs after that, doing nothing.
 Am I doing anything wrong ??

> I'm fairly sure that plugins are non-functional for WebKit2 GTK+
> though.

 Also, you mentioned that plugin functionality might still not be
working, correct ??
 Is this true for only Gtk port or all the other ports like Qt etc. ??
 Is there any bug opened for the plugin functionality on WebKit2 ??

 Could anybody be kind enough to post a link to that bug, if possible.

 Thanks and Regards,
 Naren