[webkit-dev] bugid in ChangeLog

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Mon Mar 28 11:57:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it's better to have no exceptions than a very narrow exception.
>>

> This seems to be a reason for saying we should always have a bug for
> anything that's reviewed...

Sorry, that may have been overly terse.

What I mean to say is that there are probably more changes (like test
meta-data changes) where a ChangeLog is clearly not necessary than changes
that need to be reviewed but a bug is clearly not required.  If we're
splitting hairs about the one, then I think it's perfectly legit to talk
about the other.  (Which I brought up because of my particular hatred for
ChangeLogs. :-)