[webkit-dev] bugid in ChangeLog

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Sat Mar 26 13:32:58 PDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2011, at 3:24 AM, Patrick Gansterer wrote:
>
> > Sometimes folks commit changes without bug numbers. If those changes
> breaks things it's hard to find the correct context for the change.
> > Can we make the bug number a requirement for a commit when it has a
> corresponding bug?
> > IMHO it would be great if the style bot and the reviewer complain about
> missing bug numbers.
>
> I don’t think we should require a bug report for every commit.

I think Patrick is saying that we should require to have the corresponding
bug number if there is one, not that every commit should have a bug number.

One thing that bothers me most though is that when I somehow dropped the bug
number in the initial commit and add a bug number back in a separate commit,
the bug number doesn't show up on the original trac record and becomes sort
of useless when trying to follow code changes on trac.

- Ryosuke