[webkit-dev] UA string changes blog draft

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Fri Mar 25 11:40:32 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Patrick R. Gansterer <paroga at paroga.com>wrote:

>  If you take a look at
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebKit/wince/WebCoreSupport/FrameLoaderClientWinCE.cpp#L57I’m not sure if point 5 is correct. ;-)
>
> The WinCE port has still my initial UA string for testing.

My comments applied to the only WinCE-specific strings I had found, which
were in the Qt port.  I'll clarify that point.

It should be easy for this code to do something like what the WebKit/win and
WebKit2/win UA string code does, based on calling
windowsVersionForUAString(), which should give correct output on Windows CE.
 You might want to file a bug to switch to that, if this port isn't dead.

PK