[webkit-dev] help with failing test on SnowLeopard Intel Release (WebKit2 Tests)

Avi Drissman avi at google.com
Wed Mar 23 05:38:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:

> For example, the following fails on my SnowLeopard machine due to lacking
> the focus ring:
> run-webkit-tests --debug -2 fast/css/focus-ring-outline-color.html -p
> --tolerance 0

This sounds very familiar to me. On Snow Leopard (not on Leopard) there
exists a bug where the system fails to draw a focus ring when drawing a
control into a context. See
ThemeChromiumMac.mm's currentOSHasSetFocusRingStyleInBitmapBug() for more
details.

I solved it by doing an ugly interposing hack. It wasn't needed for WebKit
because its controls draw directly into the window. Perhaps it's needed for
WebKit2?

Email me if you need more info.

(For Apple peeps: rdar://7604051)

Avi