[webkit-dev] assertion failure in WTF::StringHasher::createBlobHash at StringHasher.h:146

Xiaomei Ji xji at chromium.org
Mon Mar 21 18:27:05 PDT 2011

I've seen the following assertion failure when I start Safari (in debug mode
on my local build). I do not think it is related to my local change. And
I've just deleted the "WebKitBuild" directory and rebuild.
Anyone has any idea on what might be wrong here?

Thanks,
Xiaomei

ASSERTION FAILED: !(size % 2)
/export/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug/JavaScriptCore.framework/PrivateHeaders/StringHasher.h(146)
: static unsigned int WTF::StringHasher::createBlobHash(const void*,
unsigned int)
1   WTF::StringHasher::createBlobHash(void const*, unsigned int)
2   WebCore::IntegerArrayHash::hash(WebCore::IntegerArray const&)
3   WTF::HashMapTranslator<std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long>,
WTF::PairHashTraits<WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >,
WebCore::IntegerArrayHash>::hash(WebCore::IntegerArray const&)
4   std::pair<WTF::HashTableIterator<WebCore::IntegerArray,
std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long>,
WTF::PairFirstExtractor<std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long> >,
WebCore::IntegerArrayHash,
WTF::PairHashTraits<WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >, WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits>, bool>
WTF::HashTable<WebCore::IntegerArray, std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray,
unsigned long>, WTF::PairFirstExtractor<std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray,
unsigned long> >, WebCore::IntegerArrayHash,
WTF::PairHashTraits<WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >,
WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits>::add<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long,
WTF::HashMapTranslator<std::pair<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long>,
WTF::PairHashTraits<WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >, WebCore::IntegerArrayHash>
>(WebCore::IntegerArray const&, unsigned long const&)
5   WTF::HashMap<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long,
WebCore::IntegerArrayHash, WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >::inlineAdd(WebCore::IntegerArray const&,
unsigned long const&)
6   WTF::HashMap<WebCore::IntegerArray, unsigned long,
WebCore::IntegerArrayHash, WebCore::IntegerArrayHashTraits,
WTF::HashTraits<unsigned long> >::add(WebCore::IntegerArray const&, unsigned
long const&)
7   WebCore::BinaryPropertyListPlan::writeIntegerArray(int const*, unsigned
long)
8
WebCore::HistoryPropertyListWriter::writeHistoryItem(WebCore::BinaryPropertyListObjectStream&,
WebCore::HistoryItem*)
9
WebHistoryWriter::writeHistoryItems(WebCore::BinaryPropertyListObjectStream&)
10
 WebCore::HistoryPropertyListWriter::writeObjects(WebCore::BinaryPropertyListObjectStream&)
11
 WebCore::BinaryPropertyListPlan::BinaryPropertyListPlan(WebCore::BinaryPropertyListWriter&)
12
 WebCore::BinaryPropertyListSerializer::BinaryPropertyListSerializer(WebCore::BinaryPropertyListWriter&)
13  WebCore::BinaryPropertyListWriter::writePropertyList()
14  -[WebHistoryPrivate data]
15  -[WebHistory(WebPrivate) _data]
16  0x100055194
17  __NSFireTimer
18  __CFRunLoopRun
19  CFRunLoopRunSpecific
20  RunCurrentEventLoopInMode
21  ReceiveNextEventCommon
22  BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode
23  _DPSNextEvent
24  -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:]
25  0x10000b6cc
26  -[NSApplication run]
27  NSApplicationMain
28  0x1000016f4