[webkit-dev] Considering a Touchhover

Benjamin ikipou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:50:21 PST 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> Recently, while working on code review / accessibility for a large canvas
> application, I found that the iOS VoiceOver AT
> does not play well with the html canvas element. It can work, but it's not
> a natural transition from html to
> canvas (with "buttons" in it). Using transparent [button] tags work, but it
> is rather awkward.
>
> It occurred to me that, when VoiceOver is on, on these mobile devices, that
> a new "touch" type is active.
> For the time being, I'm proposing calling it "touchhover".

I do not know much about accessibility, but I think TouchHover would be a
bad name for something not related to touch. Some touchscreen give
information when a surface is hover the screen but have not touched yet. If
this become mainstream for some reason, the name TouchHover might be the
natural way to name this kind of events.

cheers,
Benjamin