[webkit-dev] Building WebKit's GTK+ back-end using distcc timing

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:51:48 PST 2011

Hi Alejandro,

I don't think that the slowdown is due to the addition of new
C++/code. Even building with most of the WebKit options turned off,
actually takes that much of time.

By just observing how the files are dispatched to the distcc servers,
how these are loaded by the client machine (which initiate the build),
almost could tell that this latter is doing more work (slower, more
preprocessor work?) for dispatching source code, than a
pre-9161f3277b15aae8d15a929d5362e28cad7e01c0 commit code base. In our
setup, the client machine which initiates the distributed build,
doesn't contribute to it, i.e doesn't compile code, but just serves
the source code.

> Anyway the main change lately in the compilation system has been this:
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/75362

Thanks for the reference! I'll check it out.

-Ilyes