[webkit-dev] Canvas backing resolution

Benjamin ikipou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 05:41:16 PST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping for a resolution to this issue, as we do use the canvas tag, and
> our canvas elements appear a little blurry on some devices:
> without a solution, some of our users will have to manually adjust the
> "sharpness" of the site... adjusting a website until it
> comes into focus seems a bit strange.

For reference: in November, there was a thread on the whatwg mailing list
regarding this problem:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-November/029072.html

If that is something we want to solve, that should go through
standardisation in my opinion. There are already too many methods available,
let's not create a new one :)

cheers,
Benjamin