[webkit-dev] Towards a unified build system

David Levin levin at google.com
Tue Mar 1 13:59:40 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at chromium.org> wrote:
> We could quickly find ourselves in the position of generating build files
> for many different ports every time we submit patches, which could add
> several minutes to the submit process

The alternative is to get everyone to spend this time :). (Seems
better to submit them with the change from this perspective.)

> (which is even worse if you lose a
> race with another committer and have to update/rebase and try again).

I did a log (git whatchanged --diff-filter=AD --pretty=oneline
--abbrev-commit) and it appeared that there were about ~4 check-ins
per day that added or deleted files, so this race wouldn't be hit very
often.

dave