[webkit-dev] Towards a unified build system

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Mar 1 05:18:54 PST 2011

Reducing the number of build systems is a face-meltingly worthy goal. I have one small question:

On Mar 1, 2011, at 4:21 AM, Adam Barth wrote:

> 3) Remove the xcodeproj files from svn.webkit.org and integrate the
> generation of xcodeproj files with the WebKit build / update scripts.
> At this point, contributors will notice that something has changed
> because there'll be one less build system to worry about keeping up to
> date!

Won't contributors who don't use update-webkit/build-webkit also notice something has changed, because they will no longer have any project files? (I ask this as a contributor who doesn't use update-webkit/build-webkit.)

-Adam