[webkit-dev] Shadow DOM API (first iteration) ready for landing

Dimitri Glazkov dglazkov at chromium.org
Thu Jun 30 13:21:09 PDT 2011

Hi Sam!

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Sam Weinig <weinig at apple.com> wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> First of all, nice work on getting to this point!

Thanks, it's been a nice, long slog :)

> It is not clear to me why we wouldn't stick with XBL2 for now, at least until there is more community consensus on going another way, and a spec and editor are available to take the API forward.  I think it would help if you could explain what considerations you took into account when making this decision, and further, why this subset is a good starting place. What are the use cases of this subset?

I think you're right, more work is needed in getting more consensus on
the first step. I am glad this thread generated so much excitement,
even if mixed with confusion. As a result, we've taken this thread to
public-webapps. Maciej is asking exactly the same questions here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011AprJun/1387.html

Please follow along :)

:DG<