[webkit-dev] Support for multiple favicons?

Rachel Blum groby at chromium.org
Thu Jun 30 11:39:03 PDT 2011

Hi there!

I'm currently working on Chromium's new tab page, which amongst other things
requires page favicons in different sizes than 16x16. And while the WhatWG
spec<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/links.html#rel-icon>supports
multiple <link rel="icon"...> elements, webkit is currently set to
a fixed 3. (TypeFavicon, TypeTouch, TypeTouchPrecomposed).

As far as I can tell, multiple link elements usually result in the first one
winning, unless the second one specifies a MIME type (Document::setIconURL),
but WebKit does not currently keep a list of all icon elements.

Are there any plans to keep said list? Is anybody working on something like
this?

Thanks for your help,
  Rachel