[webkit-dev] Shadow DOM API (first iteration) ready for landing

Sam Weinig weinig at apple.com
Wed Jun 29 19:50:35 PDT 2011

Hi Dimitri,

First of all, nice work on getting to this point!

It is not clear to me why we wouldn't stick with XBL2 for now, at least until there is more community consensus on going another way, and a spec and editor are available to take the API forward.  I think it would help if you could explain what considerations you took into account when making this decision, and further, why this subset is a good starting place. What are the use cases of this subset?

- Sam