[webkit-dev] Writing a new XML parser with no external libraries

Dirk Schulze krit at webkit.org
Tue Jun 28 22:10:48 PDT 2011

Am 29.06.2011 um 05:42 schrieb TAMURA, Kent:

> I'm a little negative of developing a new XML parser. I'm afraid that the new parser introduces a lot of security/stability problems which existing parsers already resolved.

I feel the same. Writing a new parser from scratch means introducing a lot of new security bugs, parsing errors and maybe bigger performance lost at the beginning. Speaking from the SVG side, we fail at least three tests on the W3C SVG Test Suite because of parsing bugs if libxml2 on MacOS. All of these bugs are fixed in later versions of libxml2. Updating libxml2 more often on MacOS would help a lot.

With the new parser we won't loose support XSLT and XLink support?

Dirk