[webkit-dev] Implementing new WebSocket protocol

Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) ifette at google.com
Thu Jun 23 17:16:57 PDT 2011

That said, I don't think the intent should be to support any old versions
for any protracted amount of time. -00 has security vulnerabilities brought
up by people on webkit-dev@ so from the Chrome side, we intend not to
support -00 at all once we have -09 support available. All the makers of
server-side code have already published versions compatibile with the latest
draft, and IETF drafts are intended to expire after a fixed amount of time
(-00 is already well past its expiration date).

-Ian