[webkit-dev] Extra review requirement for web-facing API? (Was: Re: Spellcheck API for WebKit)

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Jun 22 11:41:40 PDT 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> I think it's better for our reviewers to review only things they're
> comfortable with.
A good reviewer shouldn't be reviewing things they aren't comfortable with anyway -- the whole point of a review is to have someone who has appropriate domain knowledge ensure that the patch is correct.  Reviewing is about ensuring as much as possible the new code is correct and safe, if you aren't able to do that for a specific patch, you shouldn't be reviewing that patch (at least not for r+ purposes, anyone can r- if they see something obviously wrong).

--Oliver