[webkit-dev] UNCONFIRMED bugs

Shane Stephens shans at google.com
Mon Jun 20 16:03:13 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
>
>> For all practical purposes, NEW has been equivalent to AVAILABLE in WebKit.
>
> To me it seems that WebKit’s closer equivalent of AVAILABLE is Assigned To = webkit-unassigned at lists.webkit.org

It looks like new bugs from anonymous users are automatically created
both UNCONFIRMED and Assigned To = webkit-unassigned at lists.webkit.org.
This would preclude using Assigned To =
webkit-unassigned at lists.webkit.org as an indicator of AVAILABLE in
Dirk's sense, right?

FWIW we (the Chrome team in Sydney) have been triaging CSS UNCONFIRMED
bugs and putting actionable ones into the NEW state for the last
quarter or so. We tend to weed out about half of the reported bugs, so
this feels useful :)

Cheers,
    -Shane