[webkit-dev] Compiling SVG lighting filters for ARM NEON

itisravi cyberax82 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:04:20 PDT 2011

itisravi wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> Referring to
>> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-help/2011-June/002150.html this
>> ,
>>
>> I'm trying to cross compile webkit 1.4 (gtk port) for ARM with NEON flags
>> enabled for the SVG lighting filters.Though both -mfpu=neon and
>> -mfloat-abi=softfp flags are enabled, the
>> Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/arm/FELightingNEON.cpp/h files
>> are not getting compiled.The build fails with the following message:
>>
>>  CCLD   Programs/unittests/testapplicationcache
>> ./.libs/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so: undefined reference to
>> `WebCore::feLightingConstantsForNeon()'
>> ./.libs/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so: undefined reference to `neonDrawLighting'
>>
>> I also noted that the toplevel GNUMakefile does not contain rules to
>> build FELightingNEON files. I tried adding them in vain.
>>
>>          Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/FELighting.cpp
>> \---->Already present
>>          Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/FELighting.h \
>> ---->Already present
>>          Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/arm/FELightingNEON.cpp
>> \ ---->Added by me
>>          Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/arm/FELightingNEON.h \
>> ---->Added by me
>>

>> Any inputs are appreciated.
>>
>> Also, if I'm adding new source files to say the filters section, where
>> exactly do I have to give the names of these files so that the webkit
>> build system picks them up? Looking at the original
>> https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=88974&action=diff patch  , I
>> suppose adding the names to Source/WebCore/WebCore.pri /pro  should do
>> it?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Ravi
>>

> I managed to compile it by adding the FELightingNEON files to
> /Source/WebCore/GNUMakefile.list.am.
> Wondering why it was not mentioned in the original patch(Changeset 83835)

Hello,
1.Could someone give inputs on what specific project files are to be
modified in a webkit-gtk build if I add new sources to the tree?

2.I was trying to build the FELighting Filters  for NEON; the build fails
with the following message:
Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/filters/FELighting.cpp:37: fatal error:
FELightingNEON.h: No such file or directory

According to the
https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=88974&action=diff patch  the
header files are included in the Webcore.pro file. is there someplace else
that I need to add the name of the file for the gtk build?

Thanks for any pointers.
Ravi