[webkit-dev] Adding ENABLE_BATTERY_STATUS to WebCore

Greg Simon gregsimon at chromium.org
Wed Jun 15 10:25:05 PDT 2011

>From what I can tell the spec offers no way for the web application to
initialize any algorithm based on the battery/power state because there is
no guarantee of "minimum time" when a new document is created and the first
battery event arrives. Ideally there would be a way to "kick" the UA into
sending the battery event on demand.

Otherwise the web application starts at full-throttle (burning battery) on a
device with 10% battery left until it *drains* enough to get a batteryEvent.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Alexis Menard <alexis.menard at openbossa.org