[webkit-dev] Public APIs for accessing the Javascript debugger

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Tue Jun 14 09:03:06 PDT 2011

The current debugging mechanism is not particularly pleasant to use, nor is it very future proof, it has significant performance costs, and it requires the user to have significant knowledge of the inner workings of JSC.

Before we started considering exposing JS debugging through API (and therefore introducing additional binary compatibility requirements) we would need to have an improved debugging mechanism that resolved these issues.

--Oliver