[webkit-dev] bugs.webkit.org UI housekeeping

Wyatt Carss wcarss at google.com
Mon Jun 13 11:38:41 PDT 2011

The suggestion of removing 'Formatted Diff' seems like the most reasonable -
but Ryosuke brings up a good point about highlighting. While it's cool that
a triple click+drag fixes his problem, a dev shouldn't have to know that to
get the desired functionality out of the review tool.

If the Formatted Diff gets removed, I think the Review tool should be
improved to support the case Ryosuke brought up. It's possible that someone
would want to select the code with or without line numbers, so I think it'd
be sensible if:

click+drag within code selects code only
click+drag beginning on line numbers and ending on line numbers opens a
comment
click+drag beginning on line numbers and ending within ~150px of them opens
a comment.
click+drag beginning on line numbers and ending ~150px into code or
something selects code with numbers
triple-click+drag on code selects code w/ line numbers

If this sounds reasonable to people, I'll see if I can work a patch up, so
there would be no reason to keep the Formatted Diff around.