[webkit-dev] Expected behavior of "scrolling" attribute for IFrame element

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Jun 13 08:30:51 PDT 2011

HTML5 defines this scrolling attribute. It defines it in terms of a CSS overflow property on the frame below. The value scrolling="no" turns into overflow: hidden. Such overflow areas should not be scrolled.

As I understand it, generally speaking, if we have something like a find feature or autoscrolling code that scrolls outside the normal mechanism, it still should not scroll such an area and needs some other way to deal with content that is hidden by being off the edge of a scrollable area. This can happen with things like large margin values (particularly negative ones) as well as simply overflowing the space provided.

    -- Darin