[webkit-dev] bugs.webkit.org UI housekeeping

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Sun Jun 12 13:44:32 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> I would go so far as to suggest removing both Diff and Formatted Diff.
>  I guess I'm more excited about removing Formatted Diff than I am
> Diff, since Diff actually has some built in bugzilla crazy features
> (like diffing between attachments!?!) but Formatted Dfif is just a
> lame version of Review Patch.  It would be easy to add a "just show me
> the damn diff" button (or hashtag) to Review Patch to have Formatted
> Diff functionality if people need it.
>
> +1 for removing the "preview" button.  I only ever click it by accident.

I use the preview button, normally when I want to add an over-all
comment on the patch along with a bunch of inline comments; for some
reason I can never remember if typing in the text box at the bottom
will put the text at the bottom or the top of the comment.

I do not either use Diff or Formatted Diff.

-- Dirk