[webkit-dev] parallel painting

Zoltan Herczeg zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Fri Jun 10 00:10:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

wow, your use case is really interesting. I have never thought about that.
Yeah, that would be a simple extension to the parallel painting system,
you could replay the commands anywhere, any times. It is basically a
vector graphics representation of the screen, you could scale it up.

Actually I am really happy that those techinques we were working on
eventually attracting others. We were the first one who played with
parallelization, SIMD instruction sets, and their usage is growing in
WebKit now. Devices (people) actually use them! It seems playing with new
approaches (even radical changes) are never a waste of time. We could
learn a lot from them.

Regards,
Zoltan