[webkit-dev] Do we have a style preference about const member functions?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Jun 8 11:51:37 PDT 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Peter Kasting wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
>> 1) We definitely have consensus to fix the broken non-logically-const accessors by making them non-const; consensus on also adding const accessors is less clear.
>
> There are a surprising number of places that actually do const traversals.  Simply making all these accessors non-const will require removing a lot of valid const usage from the existing code.  I'm really uncomfortable with that.

I thought you did it already locally. You mentioned that you decided for many member functions that the right thing was to remove const. I suggested you land those changes first, before making the other changes.

Are we talking about the same thing? Maybe you think Maciej is asking for something he’s not.

    -- Darin