[webkit-dev] Cross-platform fonts for Layout Tests

Hao Zheng zhenghao at chromium.org
Mon Jun 6 20:09:07 PDT 2011

Yes, actually in Skia, Chromium/Linux uses a noop gamma implementation
in SkFontHost_gamma_none.cpp; however, if you use a substantial
implementation in SkFontHost_gamma.cpp, there will be much image
mismatch on Chromium/Linux for every font including Ahem. The slight
differences are on font fringe.
And I think if other WebKit is not using Skia at all, there will
surely be even more differences.

As the gamma implementation on Clank is desired, we should not fix
this bug. Just file the bug to record this difference.